Today we are reviewing how to research online and how to generate quality answers to questions. Use the link above and any other relevant sites you can find to answer the questions below. Post your answers, along with at least one relevant image, on your learning blog.
1. When was Te Tiriti o Waitangi signed?
2. What is the biggest difference between the text of The Treaty of Waitangi in English, and Te Tiriti o Waitangi in te reo?
3. Why did Hōne Heke come to disagree with Te Tiriti o Waitangi?
4. Was it a good idea to cut down the flag at Kororāreka? Why or why not?
5. Select one habit of mind which Hōne Heke demonstrated. Describe in detail how he showed that habit of mind, supporting your view with at least one quotation.
Some of these questions are very difficult to answer. Max B found an excellent site, describing differences between the texts.
Max and Ollie found a significant error in the translation, the word "sovereignty". A great way to research a specific term like this is to go the website, click "ctrl + f" and find "soverignty". This keyboard shortcut will find all instances of a word in the text.